Start your driver’s education (online or in class) with your parent/guardian’s consent
Finish your 10 units online or 4 days in class
Obtain a certificate DL 400C (pink) or DL 400B (blue)
Take your certificates to DMV and take a written test
Once you’ve successfully passed your written test, call and schedule your first 2 hour in-car lesson
After the first lesson with your instructor your permit will be validated to drive with you parents or guardians
You must drive a total of 6 hours with driving school to obtain a DL 400D (yellow)
You have to wait 6 months from the date you have received your learners permit
Finish your 50 hours of practice with your parents 40 hours day 10 hours night.
Schedule your road test with DMV
Please be advised that your license is issued with exceptions refer to page 9 of DMV handbook.
- Age to apply for a driver’s license is 15 1/2 to 17 1/2 years old
- You must consent for your teen to begin their classes.
- You are responsible for all the fees.
- Your teen must finish drivers education (in-class or online).
- Your teen must obtain a certificate and obtain their learners permit.
- Your teen must drive 6 hours with the driving school.
- Your teen must drive with you for 50 hours – 10 hours night and 40 hours day.
- Your teen must obtain another certificate of completion of 6 hours and wait 6 months (from the day of that permit was issued) before obtaining their license.
- It is a big step for you and your teen and we are here to guide you every step of the way. Please call us for any questions (858) 752-4089.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call –